Parking Enforcement Officer
Parking Enforcement Officer Job Opening
TITLE: Parking Enforcement Officer
REPORTS TO: Parking Enforcement Supervisor
SHIFT: Must be available to work Tuesday–Saturday, 2 pm–10 pm
To enforce parking ordinances of the City of St. Louis by walking assigned routes and issuing tickets for vehicles parked in violation of the city codes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Walk assigned routes checking for vehicles parked illegally and expired meters.
- Write citations for parking violations and place on vehicle.
- Monitor and track meters for violations.
- Perform all other duties requested by management.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent certification.
- Position requires the ability to deal with people in a friendly and non-combative manner.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply City of St. Louis applicable laws, ordinances and regulations relative to parking and traffic regulations.
- Must understand the City of St. Louis parking codes and be able to determine when citations can be issued. Must possess a driver's license, have an acceptable driving record and be insurable.
- Must maintain accuracy with and attention to details.
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively.
- This is a very physical job requiring employees to walk, stand, stoop, reach, carry, and lift up to 15 pounds. Work involves walking and the operation of a vehicle.
- Exposure to extreme temperatures, weather conditions, noise and dust are common.
- Must have the physical ability to walk for long periods of time.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants interested in applying for this position, should send a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF file format to StLTreasurerHR@stlouis-mo.gov
The City of St Louis Treasurer's Office does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, disability, sex or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, veteran's status or marital status.